Audio recording of our January 16th, 2014 HOA Board Meeting.
This is an audio recording of our November 14th, 2013 HOA Board Meeting.
McKinney Park East (Austin) Homeowner’s Association – DRAFT MINUTES
Regular Board of Directors Meeting
Date: September 17, 2013
Place: 10800 Pecan Park Blvd, Suite 200, Austin TX 78750
Time: 9:00 AM
- Board Members Present: Roger Arriaga and Michael Bullock
- Goodwin Property Manager: Jim Smitherman
- Board Member Absent: April Miertschin
- Homeowners Present: None (nor by phone)
- The Meeting was called to order by Roger Arriaga at 9:06AM.
- August 20,2013 BOD Meeting minutes approved with modifications reflecting playscape cover discussion and property manager’s task of creating a sign-in sheet for the porter: Motion: Roger Arriaga, Second: Michael Bullock.
- Ratification of board votes since last meeting- Votes ratified for establishment of community website and approval of delinquency payment plan for resident.
- Homeowner Comments: None
- Goodwin Report
- Financials – Reviewed
- Income will be improved in September due to KB Home assessment payment.
- Jim to check on management fee increase in related line item.
- Future budget items
- Discussion regarding the 10-acre Grand Meadow Park and possible agreement with City of Austin.
- For budgeting purposes, expect lifeguard costs to remain static.
- Seal coating of parking lot as a future capital expense.
- Pavers look good but will be straightened by contractor.
- Jim to check on pool fence repair to determine repair or replacement need; Jim will also review the fence assessment in the reserve study.
- Sidewalk repair assessment.
- Discussion of pavilion and pool area needs for power washing.
- Second gate to be added at pool; bids to be provided; will need email vote.
- Brivo system to be installed in October.
- Jim to develop a list of recommended maintenance items for the pool and pavilion areas.
- Pool to be closed on 9/30/13.
- Largest issues remain yard maintenance and trash can violations.
- New Business
- Annual meeting preparation discussed and possible move for future meetings to March.
- National Night Out event scheduled for October 1; event to be combined with area neighborhoods.
- Executive Session – Regular session recessed and executive session called to order at 10:47AM.
- Next Meeting – Unscheduled due to upcoming annual meeting.
- Adjourned regular session and executive session at 11:24 AM
The board met for it's monthly board meeting on September 17th at 9am. Minutes for this meeting have not yet been drafted, but once they are they will be published. This is just a summary of some of the things discussed at the board meeting.
- Website. Over the past several months the board has been discussing developing a website which can better serve as an information hub for the community. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible, and we believe a website dedicated to providing residents a "one stop shop" for finding all the information they need would be a huge benefit to the community. With all these things in mind the board approved a vote to develop a website. The original plan was to use AtHomeNet.com for this site, but some concerns relating to tracking resident payments and accounts led to an alternative solution being sought out.
- Managers' Report. Jim Smitherman, our HOA Property Manager, gave the board a rundown of where we stand financially. Due to all the development, and new revenue from KB Homes, McKinney Heights is financially healthy. Because of this growth we have many projects we're going to be taking on to spruce up and fix many of the amenity items that have gone unattended. The board approved several projects already, some of which have been completed. A new path around the park (completed), re-striping of the basketball court and adding a three-point line (completed), a canopy structure for the playground and repairing park benches (contractor is waiting for parts to arrive to begin construction), a new key-card system for the pool and a second gate so the bathrooms will be accessible all year (approved; will be installed after the pool season ends), re-doing the parking lot (discussed, and will be an upcoming project) and side walk repairs in the park area (approved).
- National Night Out event on October 1. A combined event between McKinney Heights, Springfield Village, and Onion Creak Plantation. Going to be a great event, and an excellent opportunity to bring the communities together.
- Annual Meeting. Palm Elementary, the preferred location cancelled on us last minute so additional calls were made to Blazier, who had not responded as of when the board meeting began. Alternate dates where considered (middle of Oct.) as well as a discussion on what the best time of year to have the annual is. I proposed that we poll those who attend the Annual if they would prefer to have the annual earlier in the year. March is an ideal time I think, so we are considering doing our 2014 annual in March to reset the clock going forward. March would provide a better opportunity for residents to give input about the previous year and the year ahead. Only concern deals with board elections. Currently all board members serve one year terms.
- Executive session.
- Adjourn, no October date set for next board meeting. Will discuss after annual.
Hopefully that run down is helpful. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks!
Resident Board Member
McKinney Heights HOA
Click here to subscribe to our monthly newsletter!