McKinney Park East (Austin) Homeowner’s Association
Regular Board of Directors Meeting
Date: August 20, 2013
Place: 10800 Pecan Park Blvd, Suite 200, Austin TX 78750
Time: 11:00 AM
Present: Board Members Present: Roger Arriaga and Michael Bullock
Goodwin Property Manager: Jim Smitherman
Board Member Absent: April Miertschin
Homeowners Present: Mary Armesto (by phone)
- The Meeting was called to order by Roger Arriaga at 11:20AM.
- July 9, 2013 BOD Meeting minutes approved: Motion: Roger Arriaga, Second: Michael Bullock
- Homeowner Comments: None
- Goodwin Report
Financials – Reviewed
- Under Property Expenses, Jim to verify intent of line items relating to Access Ctrl-Keys/Remotes and Access Ctrl-Maint; he will provide a definition for each and provide a financial breakdown.
- Discussion of lifeguard expenses – budgeted amount is less than is required for the monthly service; this will be addressed in the 2014 annual budget.
- Half of granite for trail has been installed.
- Discussion of adding pavers to border the newly installed trail; Jim provided a bid for this service; BOD agreed to consider once warranty and replacement questions are answered.
- Park area benches to be repaired.
- Basketball restriping is scheduled for completion on August 23, 2013.
- Pool rule signs – needs modifications; Jim to work on converting current pedestal sign outside of the pool area to a bulletin board as well as a separate bulletin board at the park area.
- Men’s restroom work order for repairs submitted.
- Under water pool lights are out; Jim to contact Austin Pool Pros to address.
- Jim to conduct a porter service review to confirm 3 visits per week; there have been trash pickup issues which have led to questions regarding the porter service visits and effectiveness.
- Commercial vehicles/parking; Board requested alternatives for notifications and related enforcement.
- Jim to research cost for an additional violation night drive at once per quarter.
- New Business
- Annual meeting date discussed; first preference is October 2, 2013 due to proximity to National Night Out and opportunity to promote attendance; second option is September 18, 2013.
- AtHomeNet.com for website is preferred option; Michael to send pricing for board consideration; urgency to implement new website prior to the annual meeting.
- Executive Session
- Next Meeting September 17, 2013 @ 9:00AM
- Adjourned at 1:05PM